Tonight’s free Cold and Flu Season Wellness call was a lot of fun! Thank you to all who called in. I have three really fantastic offers for those who made it to the call, so check your email. For those who couldn’t make it but are reading this and want to know what’s what, don’t fret: we have another fun free call coming up on Tuesday, December 1st at 6:30 Pacific and 9:30 Eastern time. The topic next time will be Holiday Season Wellness and you know that is a big topic. So I hope you will join me. Send me a note if you’re free and I’ll send you an invitation to the call.
Tonight we talked about using garlic ear oil for its anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-microbial properties. Here is a quick and easy method for making you own in less than an hour, for less than $2. Enjoy!
What you’ll need: a small sauce pan; a small covered jar; one clove organic garlic; 1/4 cup organic extra virgin olive oil; knife and cutting board. Optional: small dropper bottle.
How to make it:
- Warm a tablespoon of organic extra virgin olive oil in a small sauce pan.
- Add a minced clove of organic garlic.
- Cook until soft and not yet brown.
- Let cool and use some immediately if you feel you’re coming down with something.
- Let the rest steep over night in a small, covered jar. If you wish, strain and transfer to a small dropper bottle.
- To use, put a clean finger into the jar and let a drop or two drizzle into your ear. Lie on one side for five minutes and let the oil do its work. Have a cloth or paper towel ready for when you want to roll over. Repeat on the other side.
Look for more recipes from tonight’s call later this week!
Wishing you wellness,
Kirsten Quint Fairbanks is health coach and holistic living expert who loves offering real-world wellness coaching for people who want to beat the blues and build self-esteem using nutrition and holistic lifestyle methods. Her popular online seasonal Craving-control Real Food Detox is for anyone who wants their body to feel and look its best. She also offers holistic skincare and coaching for anyone who is tired of the beauty hype and is ready to have vibrant health and glowing skin from the inside out. Kirsten lives happily, works gratefully, home-schools secularly, dances inexpertly, paints badly, cooks traditionally, and nurses on demand in the San Francisco Bay Area. Read more about her here.